We build a web of support around you based on your interests. New friends, industry mentors and inspiring teachers who can help you develop new skills and a portfolio that gets you connected to real world opportunities.
1. Build a Portfolio of Real World SkillsBook classes online or in the city based on your interests to build your portfolio with teachers.
2. Grow Your Professional Network
Grow your professional network and meet supportive mentors in the online community.
3. Access the Latest ToolsUp to 25% discounts on tools like Photoshop, Notion and Unity. Get the tools you need to succeed and get early access to the new software.
Turn information overwhelm into creative output with the PARA system in Notion.
Prepare to be hired by going through this checklist. Get tips to make a winning portfolio.
Learn how to make your first dollar online in under 30 days.
Create a listing page for your learning centre's in-person and online offerings.
Increase your reach, be discoverable and let us connect your offerings with motivated young people all over the globe.
Simple tools for managing your micro school, training programs, workshops and events.
City as a School (CAS) is a marketplace which connects inspiring experts to teens aged 14+ to learn real world skills. Teens browse our selection of classes, guided projects and tutors. This allows each learner to build a custom curriculum based on their interests or their career goals.
- Marketplace of classes from vetted teachers and experts.
- City browser to find all the facilities, learning centres and event spaces available for learning in London
- Learning record app to keep a long trail of evidence for your learning and build a portfolio
- Work and Internship placements at partner organisations
Book a guide call to get more details
There is a wide variety of classes available at CAS. We welcome classes on all subjects and in all formats, for learners up to age 19. Classes include short-form introductory classes that meet 1-4 times, as well as longer form semester-long classes.
CAS focuses on listing classes what allow young people to understand the tools or methods of the industry as well as the soft-skills required to do well working with teams. For example classes on Augmented / Mixed Reality, Software development, Game development, User Interface / Experience Design, Robotics, Problem Solving, Project Management, Finance, Investing.
City as a School does not require formal teaching credentials. We believe that many adults can offer rewarding classes based on their experience and interests. We focus on bringing onboard teachers who are either in or have significant experience in the industries we place our learners at. We require criminal background checks before teachers list their first class. Teachers must be residents of the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the United Kingdom.
Our mobile app is free to download, classes vary in price but average about $15 per 45 minute session to $30 for a 45 minute session.
City as a School is great for you, if...
Get in touch with our head of teacher success email@example.com